Disclosure: This content is reader-supported, which means if you click on some of our links, we may earn a commission with no additional cost to you.
Let us dive through the 7 highest paying CPM ad networks that are above every other ad network in terms of RPM.
One of the most popular ways bloggers make money is through display ads. It is very simple and easy.
Just sign up on the ad network, get approved, put a code on the blog and wait for the earnings to come in.
Choosing the right ad network for your blog is a major factor. If you choose the wrong ad network you will only be counting pennies every month whereas if you choose the right one your earnings will increase a few folds.
To join a high-paying ad network, you need to follow their requirements. Some have low traffic requirements and others have 10k to 100k monthly traffic requirements.
Therefore I have divided high-paying ad networks into 2 sections. Firstly ad networks for small publishers and secondly, ad networks for medium to large publishers.
- 1 High Paying Ad Network For Small Publisher
- 2 Google Adsense
- 3 Media.net
- 4 High Paying Ad Networks For Medium to Large Publishers
- 5 Ezoic
- 6 Monumetric
- 7 She Media
- 8 Mediavine
- 9 AdThrive
- 10 Conclusion
High Paying Ad Network For Small Publisher
There are a lot of ad networks out there that accept a small publisher. But not all of them have high RPM. Only 2 ad networks can be called high-paying ad networks for small publishers. One is Google Adsense and the other is Media.net
Google Adsense is the best choice for a new blogger. It is the first step toward making full-time earning through blogging. Most small publishers start monetizing their blog with Adsense and after getting enough traffic, switch to a better ad network.
It has no traffic requirements and doesn’t require your blog to have high-tier country visitors. If your site is only getting a small amount of monthly traffic, then Adsense is the best choice.
Media.net is a top-level contextual ad network powered by Yahoo! Bing network. The contextual ad format is great for both advertisers and publishers. This ad format serves ads relevant to your content which has a better click-through rate. Advertisers are willing to pay more for these types of ads.
Media.net is very similar to Google Adsense. Both are contextual ad networks and both require high-quality content.
To join Media.net, your blog log needs to have some amount of monthly visitors and most of this traffic needs to be coming from the US, UK, or Canada.
High Paying Ad Networks For Medium to Large Publishers
Google Adsense and Media.net are both great choices if your blogging site is getting only a few thousand pageviews. Although their RPM is low, there are no better alternatives with this amount of traffic.
But once your site traffic reaches 10k+ pageviews per month, you should definitely transfer to a better ad network that has higher RPM.
Once your site traffic has reached 10k+ sessions you can now join premium ad networks and get better revenue. While other ad networks require 50k or more visitors, you can join Ezoic with only 10k visits.
Ezoic is a Google-certified partner and also the world’s largest ad-testing platform.
With Ezoic you can earn 2x to 4x more money than Adsense. How?
Ezoic uses Google Ad exchanges and also other top performing ad networks, such as Adsense, media.net, OpenX, Criteo, etc to drive up your revenue.
Ezoic uses its machine learning technology to place higher-performing ads on your site. It also increases your revenue by implementing header bidding technology.
Pros of Ezoic
- Low traffic requirement – Best ad network that accepts sites with only 10k monthly visits.
- Premium ad network access – You will get access to Google AdX and a dozen other high-performing ad networks which you can’t get access to normally.
- Revenue increased – Ezoic has higher RPM compared to Adsense. You can increase you 2 to 4 times with Ezoic.
- Free tools like available – Ezoic offers free tools like Ad Layout Tester, Google AMP Converter, CDN, Caching, and a lot more.
- No contract – You don’t need to get into any contract to join Ezoic. You can leave anytime you want.
- It’s FREE – You don’t need to pay anything to join Ezoic or to use any tools.
- Join without any traffic requirement – Ezoic sometimes releases programs where they accept publishers without any traffic requirement. (Previous Programs: Just Start, Access Now)
Ezoic Eligibility Requirements
- 10,000 monthly sessions
- Content compliant with Google’s Ad Policy
- Your content should be original and not copied from other places
- If you already have an Adsense account then it must be in good standing with Google
- Content must be in Adsense supported language
Monumetric (formerly The Blogger Network) is a premium ad management platform for small publishers. If you want to increase your earnings multiple folds compared to Adsense then Monumatric is a great choice.
Monumatric has 4 different monetization programs:
- Propel: 10,000-80,000 monthly pageviews & one-time implemantation fee of $99
- Ascend: 80,000-500,000 monthly pageviews
- Stratos: 500,000-1 Million pageviews
- Apollo: Over 10 Million monthly pageviews
Monumatric Eligibility Requirements
- Must be WordPress or Blogger site.
- Sidebar must be 300px wide.
- Must implement at least 6 ad slots on both desktop and mobile versions.
- Your site must be approved by major ad providers. (ie Adsense, Media.net)
- Minimum 50% of traffic must come from US, UK, CAN & AUS.
Pros Of Monumatric
- Different programs to join: You can join one of the 4 programs based on your traffic.
- Disable ads: You can disable any ads that you disapprove of on your website.
- They will do all the hard work of implementing ads on your website. You need to give them access to your WordPress or Blogger to do so.
- Huge variety of ad types available.
She Media (formerly SheKnows Media) is a leading premium programmatic platform for female audiences. This company is created by and for women.
This ad network is very different than other ad networks. While other ad network doesn’t consider the gender of your audience, to join She Media requires you to have a high amount of female audience.
If your site is about food, family, beauty, entertainment, women’s health, and has a high female audience ratio then join She Media.
Pros of She Media
- Best for female-oriented blogs – She Media is the best ad platform for blogs that target female audiences.
- Live auction your ad spaces using the “Boomerang” ad code to increase your CPM to the maximum.
- She Media is a Google-certified publisher.
She Media Eligibility Requirements
- Your site must be regularly updated and at least 3 months old.
- At least 20k monthly page views.
- 80%+ of your traffic needs to come from the US.
- 70% or more of your visitor should be female.
- Make sure that your site gets no more than 5% invalid traffic.
Mediavine is a full-service ad management company and monetization partner, dedicated to helping publishers monetize their content. It is one of the best monetization solutions for bloggers.
Mediavine works with the best premium ad partners to help you get the highest CPM possible. Their automated ads are designed to be placed in high viewability places without hindering users-experience.
Pros Of Mediavine
- Get high RPM ads for your content.
- Mediavine is CPM-based. So you will earn even if the visitor doesn’t click your ads.
- Easy implementation.
- You can disable ads on specific pages.
- You can join their Facebook group for suggestions.
- Mediavine is created by and for publishers. Every ad solution is already been tested on their own owned and operated sites.
Mediavine Eligibility Requirements
- You need to have 50,000 sessions in the previous 30 days per Google Analytics. Remember it’s sessions, not pageviews.
- Your site needs to have a good standing with Google Adsense. If your site previously got banned, rejected, or had an unresolved policy violation with Google Adsense, it won’t get approved.
- Your site must have original, engaging, and long-form content.
AdThrive is one of the largest programmatic advertising networks that helps publishers monetize their content with high-quality ads.
AdThrive doesn’t make your content spammy with lots of ads. You will get higher revenue with lower ads with Adthrive.
Once you have accepted into AdThrive, they will handle the ad placements for you. So no need to bang your head thinking about where to put your ads for better RPM.
Their team will point out recommendations based on their research but you get the final say on where the ads should be placed.
AdThrive Eligibility Requirements
- You need to have Google Analytics installed on your website and have 100,000 monthly pageviews.
- The majority of your visitors should be US-based.
- Have a good standing with Google and other major ad providers.
- Your content should be unique, original, and engaging.
- Your site must use HTTPS.
Pros of AdThrive
- Google certified ad provider
- Provides high RPM for your traffic.
- Their customer service is excellent.
- Access to exclusive publisher community
If your site is new and doesn’t have many monthly visitors then I recommend trying out Adsense first. Stay with Adsense until your monthly visitor count reaches 10,000 visitors. Then switch from Adsense to Ezoic and enjoy high revenue. Once you have gained more traffic, you can stay with Ezoic or try out other Ad networks.